If you’ve been told you have periodontal (gum) disease, you are not alone. Many adults in the U.S. have some form of gum disease. Gum disease can range in severity, from bleeding and swelling of the gums to actual tooth loss. There are early signs and symptoms you should be aware of, those signs include the following:
- Your gums bleed easily or bleed while brushing your teeth.
- Your gums are very red, sensitive and swollen.
- You are able to see pus in between your teeth and gums.
- Your gums are starting to pull away from teeth.
- You constantly have a bad taste in your mouth or chronic bad breath.
- Your teeth have separated or feel loose.
- You have sores in your mouth.
If you have any of the following signs or symptoms you should contact your dentist to schedule a visit. Gum disease can worsen if your teeth and gums are not taken care of properly.
If you have questions or would like more information regarding gum disease and the treatments available, contact Advanced Dental Group in West Palm Beach, FL at (561) 220-4808 or visit www.advanceddentalgrp.com for more information.