After getting dental implants, your new teeth tend to be picky with its’ likes and dislikes. That is due to the fact that the teeth are sensitive, so it is very important that you take care of them! Here are some tips to keep in mind about food consumption offered by Advanced Dental Group.
- Soft foods will be your best friend for the first 72 hours after your procedure. Foods such as pudding, mashed potatoes, and applesauce are great examples.
- Avoid consuming hot and cold foods. Your gums will be incredibly sensitive, and if exposed to extreme temperatures, may cause pain and irritation.
- Avoid hard small foods such as nuts, popcorn, or raw vegetables.
- Don’t chew on the side that recently experienced the implant.
- Ease you way back into more solid foods after that 72 hour period.
For more information about dental implants and treatment options call Advanced Dental Group in West Palm Beach, FL at (561) 220-4808 or visit www.advanceddentalgrp.com.