Ever wondered why we use toothpaste? Toothpaste helps to clean our teeth of plaque and food debris without damaging our delicate enamel. Toothpaste contains fluoride which helps to protect enamel. Some also include ingredients to reduce plaque. Toothpaste is a huge part of preventive dental care.
Toothpaste is made up of several ingredients that help to clean your teeth, such as:
- Abrasives – helps to remove stains and plaque.
- Detergents – this is what makes the toothpaste foam. It helps to dislodge food debris.
- Humectants – gives the toothpaste texture and moisture.
- Thickeners – helps the toothpaste stay on your brush and squeeze out of the tube that way it does.
- Preservatives, Flavoring and Coloring: these give toothpaste the look, and taste it has.
In addition to your normal preventive dental care routine at home, be sure to visit Advanced Dental Group in West Palm Beach, FL for dental cleanings and checkups. Call for an appointment today at 561-689-0872. Visit the website at www.advanceddentalgrp.com.
Accepting patients from West Palm Beach, Loxahatchee, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Singer Island and all surrounding areas.Tags: General Dentist West Palm Beach, Gum Disease, loxahatchee fl, toothpaste