Sedation Dentistry West Palm Beach Florida
Welcome to Sedation Dentistry
If you are afraid to go to the dentist, relax. Sedation dentistry and a sedation dentist can change your life for the better!
If you are a patient who:
- Has not seen a dentist for years due to fear
- Dislike the sound of a drill, the smell of the dental office or the sight of a needle
- Has a strong gag reflex
- Has difficulty with local anesthesia, Novocaine or Numbing
- Has a compromised medical condition
- Needs extensive dental work but has limited time for multiple dental appointments
Patients who fear dental treatment have some alternatives that make the appointments more comfortable and tolerable.
Nitrous oxide is available for the “nervous patient” – someone who does not care for dental treatment but can be treated in the normal dental setting.
You simply breathe the “sweet air” or “laughing gas” during the procedure. It helps calm those jitters. Another benefit of nitrous oxide is that it is extremely safe when used under the supervision of trained personnel. Once the procedure ends, the patient breathes oxygen for a while and then can resume their normal routine.